Welcome!

Hi there and welcome to Freebie Hunters! One of our favorite pastimes in Second Life is scouting the grid for fantastic hunts, sales, events and gifts from all the wonderful creators. We thought we'd share the wealth and showcase some of our finds in this blog, with an emphasis on the goodies available in various SL events and hunts. We do our best to show ALL items from a hunt/event and in the manner the creator intended, but this is not always possible.

***UPDATE August, 2018- We are still finding freebie/nearly free items to share with you, but due to RL time constraints, a lot of what we find is being posted solely on Flickr. If you would like to follow the events being posted there, here is a link to the album page for our account: Flickr Albums. These are not blog posts, but simply pictures of the gifts available. Thank you!

Thank You to all of the creators!

Wednesday, June 7

SL14B Shopping Event

34729343910_85a601c0fb_z

This month marks Second Life's 14th Birthday and they are celebrating all month with tons of events, special hunts and all sorts of fun stuff. One of the first events I visited was the SL14B Shopping Event, scheduled to run from June 5th to June 26th. This event is hosting 60 merchants and is spread out over 3 sims. The merchants have huge discounts on their wares and many of them have put out a birthday gift freebie for the shoppers.

The sims have been crowded as heck and it took me a bit of time to manage to get into one of them. But - getting on one sim is all you need. My strategy worked perfectly: I went completely invisible for the lowest av complexity possible, I used the firestorm option to only view friends, which eliminated just about every other av on the sim where I was and the sims I cammed into from even loading, and once I had visited all the shops where I was, I tucked myself into a corner by the sim crossing and was able to cam shop both of the other sims without too much difficulty. Not quite as much fun as getting all dolled up to see and be seen, but it beat the heck out of rubberbanding around the sim and getting too bogged down to move my camera.

Here is a peek at the gifts I picked up. Additonally, there were some Catwa items which I did not get since I don't use a Catwa head, and a gorgeous 300L gift card from Addams, which I will be taking on a wee shopping spree in the near future.

Event Information
Dates: June 5th - 26th
Start Location: Gilded

Happy Shopping!

Cheers,
Shadowed


SL14B1 SL14B2 SL14B3 SL14B4 SL14B5 SL14B6 SL14B7 SL14B8 SL14B9 SL14B10 SL14B11 SL14B12 SL14B13 SL14B14 SL14B15 SL14B16 SL14B17 SL14B18 SL14B19 SL14B20

No comments:

Post a Comment