You lucky ducks - I have just enough goodies for one more post about the fabulous Gotham Island Halloween Event going on right now! Unless you have been living under a rock since the start of the month, you have been reading about this event here and in a ton of other blogs, destination guides and in-world groups, so you know already what it's about. For those of you who ARE rock-dwellers, here is the cliffnotes version:
- This is a charity event to raise money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Disease. There is a link below to the Creations Park website, and they have some wonderful information about Parkinson's, the Foundation and other stuff you might find interesting concerning the how and why's of this event happening.
- There are dozens of designers participating in the event, with many exclusive and special items designated as charity items so that the price of your purchases goes to the MJF Foundation. This is a great way to support the charity while treating yourself to a little something at the same time.
- For the treasure minded, there is a hunt going on as well. You are looking for candy corns hidden in the shops and surrounding areas, each for 10L and each with a special gift.
- For the thrill seekers, there is a midway filled with rides, a haunted house, an abandoned asylum and even a creepy cemetary to explore.
- There is also a stage area which has been hosting live shows and DJs - more information about the schedules can be found at the venue or through the official blog.
The event runs through the end of the month, so if you have not yet dropped in to check things out, I strongly recommend it - there is a lot to see and do and it's always a bonus when you can hang out, have a good time, and help a worthy charity in one fell swoop.
Official Blog: Creations Park
Dates: October 1st through 31st
Start/Location: Gotham Island